Wednesday, April 21, 2010

LIES

An update from my chipper cherry blossom post:

"I have joined the teacher's volleyball team at school....I'd forgotten how much I love the game of volleyball. Every week I leave wanting to play longer. It's fun, active and it allows me to interact with some of the other teachers at school (even though most are still too shy to speak English with me)..."

LIES. All lies.

How could this be?

According to a new regulation passed by the Ministry of Education...let's just call it Article "We feel intimidated by foreign teachers' volleyball skills", foreign teachers are no longer allowed to play volleyball with their school teams. According to the formal letter put out by the MOE it's because foreigner teachers are not "official" teachers; therefore they can not participate with the "official" Korean teachers. According to all the honest Korean teachers, it's because some schools are complaining that other certain schools are at an unfair advantage with tall and athletic foreigners at their school. Laaaaaaaaaaaame. Super lame.

Seeing my heartbroken face at lunch, my principal vowed to find a way around this rule. I have yet to hear any word on it. So for now...no more volleyball for this girl.

*tear*

No comments: